The Humane Society of Jackson County understands that financial difficulty often means making hard decisions and the family pet may become a lower priority. HSJC’s Bountiful bowls Program assists Jackson County residents who are going through a time of financial hardship with feeding their family pets.
Supplies are distributed to qualifying households the first Saturday of the month, 9:30-11:30 am, at the HSJC office.
The program is designed to supplement your monthly pet food supply; it is not intended to be the sole source of pet food. Food received is provided through generous donations from area residents and local businesses. Donations vary each month so the type and amount of food will vary depending on donations. There is no guarantee that food will be available each month.
- Applicants must provide proof they are a Jackson County resident
- Applicants must be 18 years old and no longer dependent on family for financial support.
- Must submit a completed application
- Valid Id must be shown by the person picking up food each month
- Program is intended for people qualifying as low income and/or currently receiving state/federal assistance (Unemployment, Food Assistance, TANF, SSI, SSA etc.)
- Program is for family pets only. Strays and/or feral communities of animals do not qualify.
- Food will be provided for up to 3 animals named on the application
- Program is for temporary relief therefore assistance is available for a maximum of 6 months
- All animals receiving food assistance must be spay/neutered and current on rabies vaccination. Food is provided for the first month if the animals are not spay/neutered and current on rabies vaccine. No additional food will be provide after the first month until the animal is current on rabies and spay/neutered. We offer spay/neuter assistance to families in need. An application will be provided if needed.
- Applicant must be willing to allow HSJC representatives come visit with your pets at home should we feel it necessary.
- This program is designed to help people who are struggling to feed their current pets therefore any additional and/or replaced pets will not be eligible for food.
- Food provided through Bountiful Bowls may not be resold or given away.
- HSJC reserves the right to terminate program services and/or deny food to anyone at any time without cause.
For more information or to apply for assistance, please call 706-367-1111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and a volunteer will contact you within 48 hours.